giovedì 27 marzo 2008

hello!


After the enthusiasm of the first skype xchange, the second conversation with my peer turned out to be much more difficult. This time my Italian class mate was speaking with someone else, so I was alone chatting with Corina. This would not have been a problem if the subjects we touched during the conversation would be familiar to me. My American colleague started asking to me what about the Italian government and the political scene…What!!?!? I mean, came on! Maybe I found the question very difficult because I almost hate politics and I actually don’t know anything about it apart from the fact that on the 13 of April we are going to vote! I know that this lack on information it’s my fault, but anyway this is not a trial. The only thing I can say is that I really didn’t know what to tell her! I surely going to inform myself before the elections…Anyway, I guess I cut a poor figure also because my peer is really fond of politics! She saw that I was a little bit in difficulty, so she told me a lot of things about the American elections and the various candidates explaining me very well what’s going on in her Country. We also spoke about Spitzer’s scandal and the insane world of the politicians. We agreed about the fact that they all seems to be free to do what the want and even if the make some kind of mistake they won’t pay for it! Speaking of corruptions we also spoke about those concept published on Cultura which are “raccomandato” and “meritocrazia”. Hard stuffs! I explained to her the difference between saying “it recommend quell professone” and “quell prof è un raccomandato” or at least I tried! I hope she understand me! I tell her that if the principle of “meritocrazia” is not in force, a “raccomandazione” is useful to obtain what you want, it is a kind of shortcut.
Apart from the problems concerning the political topics, I can undoubtedly say that this exchange is great! I love speaking English! At school we are often exposed to mother tongue speakers, but actually they are teachers and speaking with guys of almost our same age is completely different!
I want to add something about the conversations in Italian…Because half of the time we are supposed to speak in Italian, right?! Well, it is actually hard to have dialogue! I don’t know very well what to do…is it fine to skip this part? I mean, I have noticed that for our peers is very difficult to speak in Italian, so they often start in a language and than change as soon as they don’t know what to say. I guess, they should take all the time that they need in order to explain themselves, even thought this is hard! Let’s see what will happen next Wednesday!
See u soon!

Nessun commento: